What is Comfort Care (Hospice)?
Look below at answers for general answers. Have a specific question? CLICK HERE TO EMAIL US
Philosophy of Comfortable Living
Hospice is a philosophy of care, focusing on QUALITY of life for those faced with a life-limiting illness. Care is provided to patients, caregivers, and families to support everyone in your time of need.
The word “hospes” in Latin means “host” or “guest”
Philosophy of Elite Hospice:
• Recognizes dying as part of the normal process of living
• Focuses on maintaining the quality of remaining life
• Affirms life and neither hastens nor postpones death
• Recognizes the patient and family as the unit of care and that they are in control of care decisions
• Supports patients and families so that they may be free to attain a degree of mental and spiritual preparation for death that is satisfactory to them.
Hospice – “A safe place for travelers on a difficult journey”
One reason for the growth is that Hospice provides many advantage, some of which include:
• patients can be with loved ones.
• individuals can enjoy more independence and freedom in their own environment
• prevention or postponement of institutionalization for most patients
Services and Care Provided by Elite include:
• Nursing Services
• Medical Social Work
• Physician Services
• Counseling services (dietary, pastoral, bereavement)
• Short-term inpatient care, respite care, and continuous care
• Medical appliances and supplies, including drugs and biologicals
• Bereavement counseling to family/caregiver after death